Talk

Advanced search

Lawn mowers..........Anyone spotted a bargain? Electric one needed for small garden

(7 Posts)
juniperdewdrop Thu 10-Jul-08 12:12:32

I recently moved to a house with a garden and am having to keep strimming the lawn as I haven't got a lawnmower yet.

Has anyone spotted a lawn mower bargain? I can't afford too much.

MsPontipine Thu 10-Jul-08 20:16:49

I've got this - paid a lot more than this for mine.

I'm very happy with it - I know you said electric but this is fab for small lawn - safer to use with children around and less hassle re flexes etc. It does a lovely job and it is no effort at all - even ds (5) can do it - under very close supervision!!

nancy75 Thu 10-Jul-08 20:20:52

check places liek argos and homebase, with this glorious summer weather they are probably desperate to get rid of them.

juniperdewdrop Sat 12-Jul-08 17:22:56

thanks for the messages. I ordered that one MsPontipine as the dss can help me mow lawn until the novelty wears off grin

MsPontipine Sat 12-Jul-08 22:15:03

Excellent - Hope you're as happy with yours as I am! When it comes you have to do a bit of self assembly. Don't panic!! If I can put mine together anyone can - then only thing I needed to use was a pair of pliers to tighten the nuts - happy mowing

juniperdewdrop Sun 13-Jul-08 12:08:27

thanks MsP I thought I'd have to put it together but am ok with that smile I've got plenty of tools so I'll be fine.

missingtheaction Sun 13-Jul-08 15:09:35

when the novelty wears off I can recommend the Bosch Rotak 34. I am not sure what hidden talents it has but DP has never objected to using it so it must be good! grin

got it from Gardenlines, best price on the day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now