Talk

Advanced search

Solar powered, Child safe water feature

(11 Posts)
KatieMac Thu 27-Jan-05 19:15:08

The cable is too short.....any more ideas??

KatieMac Tue 25-Jan-05 17:30:28

Don't know.....a big bucket?

Levanna Tue 25-Jan-05 00:27:03

Hi KatieMac, we're planning a similar thing. (We are getting pekins too, but I am honestly not stalking you! Must just be at a similar stage of garden development? Maybe it's the brighter days!) We are going to have a smal rock based feature. Rockery / tiny little stream running down it. What are you using as a reservoir?

KatieMac Mon 24-Jan-05 20:51:56

The 2nd one doesn't include the bowl....so I might be able to use it with my millstone idea?

I think I would dig a resovoiur (sp) fill with water and pump cover with Millstone and put solar panel (on 5m cable) on conservatory roof

What d'ya think?

SenoraPostrophe Mon 24-Jan-05 20:45:52

For a cheaper option you could buy this and fill the bowl with pebbles?

SenoraPostrophe Mon 24-Jan-05 20:43:23

this site does solar powered pumps which you just add bits of hose to to create whatever water feature you want. They're a bit expensive, but should last well.

I like the mill stone idea, btw but it doesn't have to be stone - saw a really good copper one once - good for splashing.

KatieMac Mon 24-Jan-05 20:36:20

Bump - for the evening crowd

KatieMac Mon 24-Jan-05 10:44:19

Trefusis - it's lovely, size isn't a problem but the water is too 'open'iykwim

I need a bubble on pebbles or a mill stone - I think.....

Mothernature Mon 24-Jan-05 10:42:54

try here some good ones

trefusis Mon 24-Jan-05 10:39:45

Message withdrawn

KatieMac Mon 24-Jan-05 10:33:12

My lovely gardener has redesigned my garden.

To be done in easy (short & cheap) stages.
Only problem is I want a water feature.MUST be child friendly and preferably solar powered.

Any ideas?

(He too old fashioned for solar & child friendly)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »