Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fruit Trees?

(7 Posts)
Catz Tue 25-Sep-07 17:04:18

Does anyone on here grow fruit? I have a west facing border about 10m long by my veg patch. At the moment it's an overgrown mess and I'm thinking about digging it up and putting some fruit in. I'm trying to decide what to grow and how. I'm quite tempted by these minarette fruit trees www.kenmuir.co.uk/products/minarettes.php which would let me put several different things in but I'm not sure how esy they are to grow/what the yeild is like. If anyone has any experience/advice I'd be very grateful.

NAB3 Tue 25-Sep-07 17:33:26

We have an apple tree and it has apples on it within a few weeks of it being plated. The kids have already eaten on apple.

aintnomountainhighenough Tue 25-Sep-07 21:40:10

How about raspeberries - ok they don't look that fantastic but we planted some this year and have had quite a lot of fruit already and the kids love them!

Catz Thu 27-Sep-07 18:19:50

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I should have said that I already have reaspberries and blackberries, you're right though, raspberries are great and don't take much effort esp if you have the autumn ones that we have.

NAB3 - what kind of tree to you have? We don't really have room for a big tree but I don't know if a small one gives enough fruit to be worth growing.

Catz Thu 27-Sep-07 18:19:50

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I should have said that I already have reaspberries and blackberries, you're right though, raspberries are great and don't take much effort esp if you have the autumn ones that we have.

NAB3 - what kind of tree to you have? We don't really have room for a big tree but I don't know if a small one gives enough fruit to be worth growing.

NAB3 Thu 27-Sep-07 18:22:47

Our tree was one we bought in Woolworths for about a tenner and we got a free silver birch. It is about a metre tall at the moment and has half a dozen or more apples on it already.

littlerach Thu 27-Sep-07 18:24:22

We have a blueberry buah and it has produced buckets of blueberries!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now