Talk

Advanced search

What are you most excited about planting in Sept/Oct?

(35 Posts)
loveyouradvice Fri 13-Sep-19 18:12:11

Just that really - looking forward to hearing!

My first year - so lots of bulbs and poppy and cornflower seeds

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 23-Sep-19 11:54:23

The only thing I’d avoid for cats is lilies, I just wouldn’t risk it.

LifeOfBox Mon 23-Sep-19 13:09:18

No I wouldn't either Fluffy. I had one beautiful day lily that took three years to flower and flowered in 2019 ... after having my lovely old dog pts a couple of weeks ago I am getting a rescue cat and the day lily has already been binned.

yamadori Mon 23-Sep-19 14:52:29

Conkers grin

And a lot of other different tree seeds too.

TiddleTaddleTat Mon 23-Sep-19 19:51:59

I've also succumbed to beautiful bulbs and bought about 150 in Wilko. Tried to stick to white and yellow colours.
I'm getting ready to create a rockery/alpine garden in the front garden. Tree surgeon coming on Friday to remove a few old crusty conifers and then I'll get started.
Planning some big containers in the back garden to hide a hideous garage. Thinking about planting a winter flowering camellia, hebe, and a few clematis Montana to try and cover asap. And some beautiful anemones.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 27-Sep-19 07:01:42

I know it’s not a plant but I’ve got 10m of everedge lawn edging coming today and seriously it’s like Christmas.

I did a hanging basket with Lidl winter pansies, white and purple so that should look nice.

Beebumble2 Fri 27-Sep-19 09:35:34

I bought two super reduced, replica Victorian, wire basket planters in the summer. I’m now going to remove the trailing geraniums. ( overwinter in the greenhouse) and plant up with pretty violas so I can see them from the dining room windows in the cold winter.

BooseysMom Wed 02-Oct-19 12:31:13

We’re currently in the planning phase of putting some beds in in our back garden too. We just had a patio & lawn laid when we moved in as funds were tight but we both find it dull & have no love for it any more. First up will be a man with a digger though as it desperately needs levelling

I'm in the same position. We have a new-build garden with a turfed back garden on a slope. Under the grass is rubble and clay which is like cement in the summer and a bog in the winter! I regularly say to my lawn, "grass, your days are numbered "! I crave a lovely flowing cottage style garden with pretty paving and beautifully planted borders..all i have so far is a boring lawn and a poorly pear tree in the corner. sad

Oldraver Thu 03-Oct-19 19:19:47

I'm currently working packing bulbs and have decided to indulge

Iris Pauline
Tulip Acuminata Cornuta
Iris Carmen
Nectaroscordum Siculum
Crocus Blue Pearl
Crocus Godilocks

Oldraver Thu 03-Oct-19 19:21:49

* Always* Ive not gone for daffodils and tulips (apart form the Acuminata) as I knw the cat would have a go at the leaves.

The others I looked up in my 'things that will kill the cat'

Oblahdeeoblahdoe Wed 16-Oct-19 00:24:35

I love spring flowers but can anyone tell me what to do with them when they've finished flowering? They always look so messy! Would I be best to just plant bulbs in pots?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »