Talk

Advanced search

Help my gerbera!

(6 Posts)
Holidayshopping Tue 23-Apr-19 12:01:58

I bought this lovely pink gerbera two weeks ago and have had it on a sunny windowsill. I was chuffed to bits that there were new little green flowers growing at the weekend-all open and pretty but then noticed yesterday that the petals have gone all rubbery and closing up!

Have I overwatered it? Under watered it? Is it getting too much sun?

Can I revive them?!

Holidayshopping Tue 23-Apr-19 18:54:56

Bumping my post -is there anyone who can help?!

user1494670108 Tue 23-Apr-19 19:25:04

I'm not sure but I have a Gerbera that's almost bomb proof, I thought I'd killed it last year and dumped it in the garage. - a while later it resprouted!

NanTheWiser Tue 23-Apr-19 21:14:39

Maybe the pot overheated in your sunny window, drying it out. You could unpot it and see what the roots are doing.

Holidayshopping Tue 23-Apr-19 21:29:02

It is pretty sunny there. It’s had a good water every few days though and the pot isn’t light now.

What should I be looking for with the roots, @nanthewiser

NanTheWiser Tue 23-Apr-19 22:27:09

To see if they are alive, really. Not sure what sort of roots Gerberas have, I'd guess quite fibrous, but healthy roots usually have white tips to the feeding roots. However, it sounds as though it should be OK, if you've been regularly watering. Sorry I can't be more help!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »