Talk

Advanced search

Sad empty beds, anywhere I can buy a pre-designed 'set' of plants to fill them with?

(16 Posts)
trendingorange Mon 22-Apr-19 00:26:58

I'm sure I've seen these somewhere online, but can't find them anywhere.
Basically I have two beds pretty much empty, but no time/energy to select and buy plants.
Are there any sets you can buy online which will give a good display for the summer (I can cope with the planting & watering!)
Am currently watching the gardening programme on QVC feeling sad I'm not going to have a nice garden this year!

Emelene Mon 22-Apr-19 00:33:24

Ooh I'd be interested in this too. I have no experience in gardening so if there was an easy selection to plant in summer that would be great!

GarethSouthgatesWaistcoat Mon 22-Apr-19 00:34:22

Garden on a roll?

nameynamerson2018 Mon 22-Apr-19 00:36:09

I have these saved on Pinterest for one of the many beds in our new garden! They look useful?

Dontsweatthelittlestuff Mon 22-Apr-19 00:39:45

Jparkers do a very reasonably priced border collection
www.jparkers.co.uk/border-collection-3-2-x-26m

But if they don’t appeal google birder plant collections and plenty of choices will come up.

Dontsweatthelittlestuff Mon 22-Apr-19 00:42:09

Border plant collection not birder

MooseBeTimeForSnow Mon 22-Apr-19 00:43:36

Crocus used to do that kind of thing. I don’t know if they still do. Probably pricey though.

Dontsweatthelittlestuff Mon 22-Apr-19 00:50:58

Crocus still do and they do a lot of different choices and if you are looking to spend a couple of hundred ££ it would be a great way to do so.
I already spend far to much on plants and the garden so limit myself to cheaper sites but you have to be prepared for the plants to be small and have patience whilst they grow.

LongTermHold Mon 22-Apr-19 00:54:06

Sarah Raven

Chocmallows Mon 22-Apr-19 00:55:39

Thompson and Morgan for plug plants and bushes, but check HotUKDeals first for promotion codes.

From 72 petunia plugs 58 are growing well. They have sent me another 5 to replace a set of 5 that went astray, customer service seems ok. Potato seed kit grew well last year too.

SarfE4sticated Mon 22-Apr-19 00:57:33

when you start off with bare beds I find that adding height with pots and troughs help. It can be dispiriting otherwise having loads of tiny little bedding plants. Worth maybe investing in some big shrubs like hydrangea, or some box balls just to give some interest? If you have the money, can you get a designer in? They should be able to give you some really good advice so you have plants that will grow into something amazing. In my garden, I was so desperate for everything to fill out that I bought plants too big for the site. 16 years on I regret a lot of my choices and wished I'd been slightly more patient!

fiorentina Tue 23-Apr-19 21:15:16

Crocus definitely do. Worth a look..

trendingorange Tue 23-Apr-19 22:51:20

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look at all the suggestions.
I'm after instant gratification and haven't the patience to research and buy a bespoke list, just want it all done for me!

trendingorange Tue 23-Apr-19 22:53:22

Wow the parkers one is so cheap!

PicklePumpkinPie Tue 23-Apr-19 23:07:04

Homebase do them
https://www.homebase.co.uk/our-range/garden-and-outdoor/plants-seeds-and-bulbs/garden-on-a-roll

Just be mindful that the parkers one is cheap but the plants supplied are in 5cm pots so very small and will take time to establish. If you have time on your hands that's good. Also have a think about whether you want evergreens to provide all year round interest and colour or if you are happy to have plants that die back in the winter and regrow in the spring/summer. The direction your garden faces is important and also whether it is full sun/shade, type of soil, etc.

7Days Tue 23-Apr-19 23:11:54

A load of bulbs will bulk out a border if it's a bit pricy to fill it all. Takes as much time to grow into sturdy plants anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: