Talk

Advanced search

What to do why potted Lemon Cypress

(3 Posts)
BuddingGardener Sun 21-Apr-19 20:00:21

Hi this is my lemoncrest cypress which has been in the same pot since I first got it about 4 years ago and it was about a foot tall.
I think it's looking a bit poorly. It was knocked over a few times by the wind, that's why it is squint.
My golden leaf ivy has just died and when I took it out there were hardly any roots and a few hundred maggots in the soil, on searching I have vine Weevils have ordered nemasys vine Weevil nematodes will be here for the weekend.
I'm going to repot the tree. Into a much bigger pot do you think this will save it?
I've grown attached to it.

ticketsonsalenow Mon 22-Apr-19 13:59:05

Yes, it needs repotting, and probably all the pots in your garden will need dosing with vine weevil killer. If you have them in one pot, you'll have them in them all. The weevils scurry about and lay their eggs everywhere.

BuddingGardener Mon 22-Apr-19 18:46:05

Thanks I just depotted it, no grrubs in the soil that I could see. But I will repot and dose with nematodes csmile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: