Talk

Advanced search

Plant IDs

(10 Posts)
wowfudge Sat 20-Apr-19 15:04:48

What does anyone think these are please?

wowfudge Sat 20-Apr-19 15:05:39

Photos would be handy.

NanTheWiser Sat 20-Apr-19 15:24:29

It looks a lot like Lysimachia "Firecracker " , I have it in my garden. It does spread a bit, but nice contrast of purple foliage and yellow flowers.

wowfudge Sat 20-Apr-19 16:48:15

Thank you Nan - the photos are of two different plants though. If the brown is Lysimachia, it wasn't there last year, although to be fair everything was very overgrown until I attacked it in February.

If it helps, everything in that border had yellow or white or yellow and white flowers. I'm a bit concerned the lobed leaves are a weed or self-seeded tree.

wowfudge Sat 20-Apr-19 16:50:00

Actually, I think the other plant is a bramble now I've looked again.

NanTheWiser Sat 20-Apr-19 21:28:44

If the stem is prickly, then yes, a bramble, but it looks vaguely like Japanese anemone.

Harebellsies Sat 20-Apr-19 21:32:54

Yy to japanese anemone, or a mini maple tree that has been cut several times and thus branched out.

winecigsandchoc Sat 20-Apr-19 21:36:08

The second one looks like raspberry's or a bramble to me hides because I know I'm probably totally wrong

wowfudge Sat 20-Apr-19 23:10:12

wine I'd be delighted if it turns out to be a Japanese anemone or a maple, but I think it's a bramble. However, I have plenty of experience of digging out brambles

almondfinger Fri 03-May-19 21:46:16

The first picture is ajuga or bugleweed. A good little spreader and great for ground cover.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: