Talk

Advanced search

Dead squirrel in garden - help!!

(16 Posts)
boo64 Tue 19-Jun-07 12:33:27

Yikes there's a dead squirrel in the middle of my lawn just near where my ds plays! It's attracting loads of flies and is really horrid.

It's also of course really sad for the little squirrel.

I need it moving but I am way to squeamish to copy and dh is an animal loving veggie and I think he will struggle.

Any ideas!??! seems a bit silly to call a pest controller when it is dead and such a small job??

We are lucky enough to have a gardener but he doesn't come til next Weds and the garden is out of bounds for little ds at the moment unless we get this moved so can't wait til then

NBuGgeration Tue 19-Jun-07 12:34:51

It'll have to be a shovel I'm afraid.

Unless you have a neighbour that could do it for you?

NoodleStroodle Tue 19-Jun-07 12:36:14

When there was a dead rat on the drive I literally dragged a man in off the street to deal with it. There are men jobs and women jobs and dead vermin are for men to deal with. Stand outside your front door crying.

MamaG Tue 19-Jun-07 12:37:19

get ds to move it

foxinsocks Tue 19-Jun-07 12:39:37

get a black bag, put hands in the bag, go to squirrel, grab squirrel through the black bag (iyswim), then put the black bag over it (so it goes inside) then fling it as far away as possible.

(or just tie a knot in the bag and put it with the rubbish)

BrothelSprouts Tue 19-Jun-07 12:40:04

Sheesh! It's a squirrel, not a hyena-infested buffalo carcass!
Get spade, put spade under squirrel, flick spade in general direction of flower bed, or bin.

NoodleStroodle Tue 19-Jun-07 12:40:12

Get foxinsox to do it for you

foxinsocks Tue 19-Jun-07 12:40:26

or put wellie boots on and kick it to the side of the garden

yaddayah Tue 19-Jun-07 12:46:11

use shovel to dig hole for safe and dignified burial, then use same shovel to gingerly pick it up.. using black bin liner over top so you don;t see its head fall off or something equally grim, place tufty in hole, mutter appropriate words

or wait till tonight and the foxes get it

mind you you might have shredded squirrel to deal with then

MamaG Tue 19-Jun-07 12:47:30

......or wait for DH - being veggie is irrelevant you're not serving it to him for dinner!

bozza Tue 19-Jun-07 12:49:36

TBH I would bin it. so get a suitable bag, and open it wide. Then get a spade, shovel it up and into bag and quicky draw top of bag together and leg it to bin while all holding breath at all times. I would then empty kitchen bin so it was not top item in bin.

NoodleStroodle Tue 19-Jun-07 12:49:54

LOL MamaG

bozza Tue 19-Jun-07 12:50:47

I would then hose down that area of lawn.

boo64 Tue 19-Jun-07 13:59:14

Yes I know it's only a squirrel but I am really really pathetic!

Ok shovel it'll have to be. Wish me luck.

No on second thoughts wish dh luck. I'm all for gender equality but not on this front! Perhaps I can make out dh isn't a real man if he can't deal with this!!

Yep I need Foxinsocks to call by tonight!

AngryMob Wed 20-Jun-07 00:03:35

Has Operation 'Chuck-A-Squirrel' be completed successfully?

boo64 Wed 20-Jun-07 09:05:33

Phew! A 'kindly' fox has done the honours and it has gone overnight!

I am still going to hose down that area and maybe keep DS (only 2) out of the garden for today in case there are small bits of remains left

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now