Talk

Advanced search

Muddy garden

(4 Posts)
Tatie3 Mon 12-Feb-18 20:46:54

Our garden is very muddy and we've lost lots of grass due to our lovely new rescue dog. Am I right in thinking that I can aerate the ground with a garden fork? If I spread some grass seed around now would I take hold or would it be best to wait until the warmer weather?

FuzzyCustard Tue 13-Feb-18 15:20:38

I stab my lawn with a garden fork (rather randomly, I must admit) and when I dig up dandelions I fill the holes with lawn sand. Wait to sow grass seed until warmer weather - it will take off really well in April or so.
Best thing you can do for muddy/worn lawns is not to walk on them - it just makes them worse!

Ffsnothingworks Wed 14-Feb-18 10:26:59

My mum and dad ended up paving and fencing off part of their garden for their dog in the end. As their dog is a whirling dervish of a spaniel who ruins their my garden. They are lucky enough to have the space though!

Tatie3 Wed 14-Feb-18 13:38:39

Thank you, I'll do some stabbing with the fork now and leave the grass seed for later on! I'd love to fence a bit off but he's a large greyhound and needs all of the garden, the worst bits are where he turns on the spot when he's zooming around the place.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: