Talk

Advanced search

How to stop cats shitting in garden

(10 Posts)
downtherivertohell Mon 12-Feb-18 15:52:51

Does anyone have any ideas or recommend anything to keep next doors cats from shitting on my lawn. I've got the cateye sensors which seem to be doing a poor job! Beyond fed up with it!

FuzzyCustard Mon 12-Feb-18 18:21:06

There's a couple of recent threads about this with several ideas on them. Worth a look further down the page!

But whatever you do, please don't be cruel to the cats.

cuddly61 Tue 13-Feb-18 01:58:41

Lion poo you can buy it from garden centres

PositivelyPERF Tue 13-Feb-18 02:09:32

Sensor water sprinkler, however you’ll be left with a wet garden.

You could set up a couple of those Halloween decorations that go of when someone approaches. Though to be fair if I approach your garden and one of those goes of it’ll not be cat shit you’ll have to worry about.

INeedNewShoes Tue 13-Feb-18 02:09:43

I bought a tub of cat pepper from the hardware shop and didn't read the instructions before pouring the whole lot on my very very small front garden. It reeked of garlic for at least a week to the extent it was quite embarrassing, but it worked wonders. I think you have to go in quite tough and ensure you put them off then they get in the habit of going elsewhere.

I now keep a water pistol (a very gentle one) by my back door which I use to deter any newcomers from the back garden as baby sleeps out there sometimes.

Loveache Tue 13-Feb-18 02:13:36

Get a bloke to pee around the edges of the garden. They'll have to do it every few days or so but it really works.

Abbylee Tue 13-Feb-18 02:17:41

They have cat-away at garden centers. Or a dog.

NoKnownFather Tue 13-Feb-18 02:32:36

Mothballs, they don't like the smell of naphthalene. Just make sure the mothballs are out of reach of your kids and other animals, although I doubt very much anything would eat them. The mothballs I buy are in a white plastic cage with a tab on the end and I use a nail through the tab to attach them to the trunk of a tree, timber fence etc etc.

If possible put them somewhere they won't get wet as this makes them deteriorate quicker.

I've tried white pepper but it gets blown into unwanted areas. Neighbours cat sleeps on my car so I put a container of mothballs near the wipers and move them before driving off the next time. Of course, the cat here 'never' leaves it's own yard/house/etc...according to it's owner when I warned her that I would be using mothballs!!! Takes all kinds.....

JBramley Tue 13-Feb-18 07:22:35

The topic subject made me lol! Haha

BlanketSky Wed 14-Feb-18 23:46:40

We have a rubber snake (toy but surprisingly lifelike) that I reposition every few days. So far it has been more effective than our idiot dog...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now