Talk

Advanced search

Why is my cyclamen so sad? (Pic)

(10 Posts)
Flamingoose Mon 05-Feb-18 19:34:38

I keep it inside. When it looks thirsty i soak it in a bucket (about every 10 days?)

FuzzyCustard Tue 06-Feb-18 10:05:26

It had a difficult seedhood?

Maybe it is ready for a rest and wants to have a bit of a dry out (and let the leaves fall off) before starting it again in the Spring.

FuzzyCustard Tue 06-Feb-18 10:05:52

PS Nice cat.

FluffyWhiteTowels Tue 06-Feb-18 11:02:30

My indoor one didn’t survive but my outdoor ones in pots are gorgeous

ReinettePompadour Tue 06-Feb-18 11:06:36

Does it need repotting? Is the soil exhausted? I'd take all the current soil/compost and replace it then give it a good water and leave it on a sunny windowsill.

PastaOfMuppets Tue 06-Feb-18 11:24:06

I'll buy you a new cyclamen if you give me your gorgeous cat

Flamingoose Wed 07-Feb-18 18:46:32

Haha. Happy to swap cat-in-sink for healthy Cyclamen!
Would feeding it do the same job as changing the soil?
Will try changing the soil and then give it some space.

MsHomeSlice Wed 07-Feb-18 18:50:10

ime cyclamen are very fussy

they do not like to be, too dry, too wet, too warm, too cold, too dark, too bright or too draughty
they also don't like to have dead leaves or buds taken off, but don't like to grow new ones if there are too many dead/done ones.

Miserable bleeders.

LillianGish Wed 07-Feb-18 19:04:07

They are not indoor plants - they actually love cold weather and so are the perfect plant to have outside this time of year. They don’t like much water either - I just give mine a drop when the flowers start to droop and an hour or so later you can see them revive. Too soggy and they rot. I have them in my window boxes and planters - they are covered in a dusting of snow at the moment, but I’m confident that when the snow has gone they’ll perk back up again.

Flamingoose Wed 07-Feb-18 21:05:57

Ahh. Mystery solved perhaps. It's hot hot summer here. maybe it's too hot.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: