Talk

Advanced search

Roses flowering now!

(7 Posts)
BlueSkyBurningBright Sat 13-Jan-18 12:37:42

In the last couple of years with warmer weather I have noticed flowers coming early. However, I have just noticed that a climbing rose, that normally flowers in May, and a standard rose that flowers all summer each have a flower. It is really cold too.

Is anyone else experiencing this in their garden?

Allsloppy Sat 13-Jan-18 15:56:25

Yes. I went down the garden this morning and noticed my rose had rosebuds on. It also had a flower in November. Never had one before so do not know if unusual.

yamadori Sat 13-Jan-18 17:59:55

I've got a floribunda rose bush 'Iceberg' that flowers all year round if I don't prune it. There's at least 10 flowers and dozens of buds on it now (not a lot of leaves though) and every year we have roses from it in the house when I prune it - usually early Feb around here.

Also in flower in my garden at the moment are strawberries and rosemary, and there are buds on my hydrangea. Very odd.

tittysprinkles Sun 14-Jan-18 07:15:17

Where are you all? No signs of new growth here in northwest England at all although I did notice a couple of snow drops the other day. Planted dozens of bulbs in the lawn in October - crocuses and fritillaries so eagerly awaiting them to pop up and do the business. It's felt like a long dark cold winter - roll on spring!

Allsloppy Sun 14-Jan-18 10:36:53

I am in the midlands but it has been cold and we had snow before Christmas so am surprised to see anything budding. Planted around 150 bulbs in the autumn so am looking forward to spring if they all appear. Crocus seem to be showing there leaves so it's beginning to get exciting.

BlueSkyBurningBright Sun 14-Jan-18 20:10:37

I am in London, my mother lives in Oxfordshire, and my garden is always earlier than hers. But not usually this early.

My daffodils are coming up now too and I can see the flower heads. Expect them to be flowering in the next month or so.

yamadori Mon 15-Jan-18 00:35:27

I'm in the countryside about 40 miles north of London.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: