Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Yucca plant care

(4 Posts)
CosyPinkBlanket Fri 20-Oct-17 19:03:43

Hi, I have a yucca plant which lives in my kitchen. It gets no direct sunlight but I think it's a bright corner as it's by my french windows. We water it when we remember (which to be fair we're not too bad at) and give it some baby bio (?) Plant food too. The leaves are really brown though. Any advice as to how to revive it? Or turn the leaves green again? We're not great gardeners but thought we could manage a yucca! Thanks. x

Harebellmeadow Sun 05-Nov-17 20:46:46

I se that no one has written yet, so perhaps I can chip in?I have one from a friend, the yucca is spindly and has a few tiny brown leaves at the top. It is hanging on for dear life. I have offered to take it in, i will report in in decent soil, drainage, a bigger pot, and as much light as possible. Hope it can live on and get better because it looks dreadful atm. Good luck with yours too.

littlemissneela Sun 05-Nov-17 21:09:19

I had one which was getting tall and thin and just not lookig great. So, after a bit of googling, I did 'a cut of faith' (something my dh and ds pissed themselves about) and cut off the two tall stems. After a while, it got new shoots and is now a happy plant at a good height. I've never fed it, and it now is living in a room with little direct sunlight.
Which leaves are brown? If its the top ones, then you need to do the cut, but if its the lower ones, thats just how it creates the trunk. I tend to cut them off when they get too much.

PurplePillowCase Sun 05-Nov-17 21:15:17

lover brown leaves= normal. as pp says, you can just gently pull them away.
I water mine about once a month, with all purpose fertiliser.
mine has 2 trunks, I cut them down quite a bit every other year alternately or it gets too big and topples over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now