Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please could you identify these 3 plants

(8 Posts)
Harebellmeadow Sun 15-Oct-17 19:56:51

On the very left there is witch hazel (above)and white deadnettle (on ground). However, new plants have sprung up: the geranium/crane bill sort of bush, and the ivy type leaf next to it. The bush above looks like beauty berry but I would be grateful if anyone knows.
The plants are in the woodland edge and next to my comfrey bed.

Thanking you immensely smile

Harebellmeadow Sun 15-Oct-17 20:12:37

Oh, one more request. These come up every year , in the exact same place so must be perennial, and are lovely, I think pinkish. I have forgotten what they are. Thank you if are able to tell me

LoniceraJaponica Sun 15-Oct-17 20:15:15

The one in the second image is perennial geranium against a backdrop of ivy. That could be my back garden BTW.

Harebellmeadow Sun 15-Oct-17 20:24:12

Thank you @lonicera - it's such a surprise that there are even more plants popping up, these two definitely weren't there last year, but we had a bad case of gardeners whose "plant expert" colleague had left the company. I have now learned "if in doubt, leave it in".
You you have any favourite woodland plants In your garden? I am reclaiming some dry spots and mulched all through the long dry summer. Will sprinkle more foxglove seeds and plant more hellebores.

Mrswinkler Sun 15-Oct-17 20:27:45

The pink one I think is a type of mallow.

SylvesterTheCat Mon 16-Oct-17 14:23:02

Lavatera perhaps

Trethew Mon 16-Oct-17 15:00:07

The foliage looks like chrysanthemum, but the flower doesn't - unless it's still in bud. Can you post a pic of the flower ?

Harebellmeadow Mon 16-Oct-17 15:32:41

Thanks everyone. @trethew, the plant is still in bud, will post a pic when it flowers. I remember it being really lovely it can't remember why.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now