Talk

Advanced search

Hedge urgently needed!

(10 Posts)
Nonky Mon 18-Sep-17 16:22:40

Hello
I'm trying to find a way of getting a hedge or some other form of barrier approx 3ft by 3ft to fill a gap in my front garden. Does anyone have any ideas? I am a total garden novice but need something quick (i.e. That's already grown - is that even possible?!) to block out some children who are making life a bit difficult for my autistic son at the moment. I don't think I'm allowed to put a fence up. Thank you!

ChardonnaysPrettySister Mon 18-Sep-17 16:25:48

It will be expensive.

Can you use some trellis? Or bamboo screens?

JigglyTuff Mon 18-Sep-17 16:27:47

I was going to suggest bamboo or willow screens as the fastest and most inexpensive way of screening.

Sorry to hear your son's life is being made more difficult

AstrantiaMajor Mon 18-Sep-17 16:36:11

Pyracantha quickly for a a quick hedge and is inexpensive

JT05 Mon 18-Sep-17 17:06:26

Laurel grows quickly and is easy to trim and keep low. A small leaved variety would be easier.

Nonky Mon 18-Sep-17 18:19:58

Thank you everyone! Some great ideas xx

JoJoSM2 Tue 19-Sep-17 00:20:10

It's only 3x3 ft so that's not very tall at all. You should be able to find a selection of plants in that size. Word of warning - fast growing plants need trimming more often or they can overgrown quite quickly.

AstrantiaMajor Tue 19-Sep-17 07:32:25

One or two pyracantha will fill that easily. You can buy them that size from places like B&Q, home base, or garden centre. Probably about £12 each. They are evergreen and need very little pruning. The advantage is that the berries last for ages.

MrsBertBibby Wed 20-Sep-17 23:52:56

Also pyracantha is prickly as he'll.

MrsBertBibby Wed 20-Sep-17 23:53:40

Hell. Stupid tablet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now