Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lightweight hedge trimmers to relieve actual pain

(9 Posts)
squirreltrap Wed 21-Jun-17 11:38:30

I've got massive hedges and they need trimming constantly....and my current hedge trimmer is SO HEAVY

it's exhausting, I need some lighter trimmers

Any recommendations to stop my bushes getting out of control?

justwhatineeded Thu 22-Jun-17 15:33:33

Hello squirreltrap.

I suspect if you have a massive hedge then whatever you use will get heavy after a while.

I have used domestic trimmers before and they really are slow compared to the bigger machines. Small electric trimmers aren't made to take a lot of use.

Would you be able to get someone in to help you with the hedge at all?

CrewsInn Thu 22-Jun-17 15:46:44

I've been trying for months to get someone in to do mine. Four gardeners came, quoted, promised to come back and cut the hedge. None were ever seen again.
I went in b&q and tried out all their hedge trimmers. I am weak and feeble and can't lift much. Petrol are obviously the heaviest. I've had rechargeable before and they are heavy I went for some Bosch electric ones which were lighter than most.
I then cut the hedge in half hour sessions over a few days.
You may need a long cable extension as well.

justwhatineeded Thu 22-Jun-17 16:00:38

I'm sorry to hear that crewsinn,

It is hard to find reliable people to do jobs. It would be a lot easier if they just said they cant do it from the start.

I cant recommend anything but I wish you the best of luck with your hedge smile

LizzieMacQueen Thu 22-Jun-17 16:07:33

I would recommend you get some scaffold support, just a platform really, we use ours for painting ceilings and hedge trimming. It's a lot safer than dealing with ladders.

CrewsInn Thu 22-Jun-17 16:12:10

It would be a lot easier if they just said they cant do it from the start
Wouldn't it just! They all smiled, I agreed the price they asked and they gave no hint that they were only pretending they were going to come back and cut my hedge. In fact two of them were going to come every week to do some gardening hmm

squirreltrap Sat 24-Jun-17 09:28:37

How much was it out of interest?

AlternativeTentacle Sat 24-Jun-17 09:31:10

Most cities will have groups that work with people with disabilities and would jump at the chance of some income from hedge cutting. You are approaching the wrong groups.

CrewsInn Sat 24-Jun-17 12:30:17

I live in a village in the sticks not a city.
They were £65
these

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now