Talk

Advanced search

Steep "cliff" into neighbour's garden - what to put there?

(5 Posts)
BabCNesbitt Fri 16-Jun-17 16:34:28

Our house has a long garden with a patio at the end, the only place it gets direct sun. When we viewed it last summer, I'm sure there was a wall between the patio and the neighbour's back garden, but when we moved in, there was just a big gap in the wall (the rest of it is covered in ivy) and as the neighbour's yard is much lower than ours, there's now a steep exposed drop into it.

We have two young DDs, so we want to fill in the gap as soon as we can, but wondered what would be a sturdy way of doing that without just slapping ugly new bricks onto the end of the current ivy-buried wall? There's a fence at the back of the garden, and the patio comes all the way to the edge so we'd need to pull up some paving if we were to try to plant something like a hedge - but can we even plant on the edge of a steep drop like that?

Thanks!

Gatekeeper Fri 16-Jun-17 16:40:11

Can you put a photo on ?

BabCNesbitt Fri 16-Jun-17 16:41:36

(Just to add: both DH and I are total gardening novices and generally useless with our hands, but willing to improve! grin)

Upanddownroundandround Fri 16-Jun-17 16:44:27

Without a photo hard to help really.

BabCNesbitt Fri 16-Jun-17 18:11:10

Ok, took a while to get the photos to work, and it looks more like a slope than a drop (I don't go up there very often!). But hopefully these help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now