Talk

Advanced search

gardening gloves

(7 Posts)
summerdaysgain Mon 12-Jun-17 00:56:50

Hello. Please can someone suggest or ideally even link me to some good quality gardening gloves. I have gone through so many sub standard pairs - the last ones literally lasted 2 wears before being ripped by thorns and had too many holes. Do good quality gloves actually exist? thanks.

GardenGeek Mon 12-Jun-17 01:03:10

I use Gold Leaf RHS ones, with a pair of vinyl medical gloves on underneath so I can whip them off and on for more delicate jobs; and keep nails dirt free.

The Gold Leaf range has different types for tough jobs to everyday.

For my everyday I use the soft touch; but if you are using them for thorns then maybe winter touch or tough touch is best for you.

PetalMePotts Mon 12-Jun-17 07:05:19

I agree Gold leaf every time. They last such a long while too.

WellTidy Mon 12-Jun-17 09:34:24

I haven't tried the RHS ones, but I have these Town & Country ones and they're great. They fit snugly on my smallish hands and are really comfortable. I don't do anything that involves thorns though, so can't comment on whetehr they would rip or not. I do more weeding, planting etc.

Trethew Wed 14-Jun-17 16:46:10

These are what we all use at the nursery where I work. They are nylon with a thin rubber palm and fingers. Grippy. Warm even when wet. Excellent snug cuff so earth does not get in. Get a bit smelly after a while but machine washable. Protects from nettles and minor prickles though not thick enough for pulling out brambles. After a while they mould to the creases in your hands. REally comfortable
One pair lasts me about 4-5 months worn five days a week, and weekends at home

www.amazon.co.uk/Showa-Floreo-370-Lightweight-Gardening/dp/B004QJ12S0/ref=sr_1_3?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1497454837&sr=1-3&keywords=showa&tag=mumsnetforum-21

FlippinNorah Sat 17-Jun-17 11:58:11

Another vote for Gold Leaf

OnlyTheDepthVaries Sat 17-Jun-17 15:57:56

I bought a pair of ladies gold leaf as a result of previous mn thread. Used them for the first time today. They feel lovely...very soft leather and they are a very snug fit. I have slim hands so if your hands are larger go for the male version. Anyway I used them for pulling brambles out of a hedge and only one of thorn found its way through. So on the whole I'm very pleased with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now