Talk

Advanced search

What direction should wood edging face please?

(7 Posts)
WellTidy Wed 17-May-17 13:17:54

I have two raised beds which are on a slope. The retaining wall at the bottom of the slope is concrete, and the top is crumbling. The young DC have in the past lifted bits of concrete off the top and dropped them, so the soil slips away a bit when I water.

As a cheap way of countering the problem, I thought I would buy this garden log edging roll from Wilkos.

Should the curved parts of the log face inside the border, or outside please?

MirabelleTree Wed 17-May-17 13:18:46

Curved bits outside.

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Wed 17-May-17 13:20:28

Curved bits outside as there is a metal strip keeping it together on the other size

Cakescakescakes Wed 17-May-17 13:21:01

www.wilko.com/decorative-edging/wilko-garden-fixed-lawn-edging/invt/0340827?gclid=COfZ6vj09tMCFZ2p7QoddXAN5A&gclsrc=aw.ds

I find this version easier to install as you just hammer it in to the ground. Stays in place better and you just trim it to fit the space.

WellTidy Wed 17-May-17 14:10:19

Thank you all. cakes, I agree that looks good. It is fixed as a straight line or can you wrap it around corners, bends etc please?

Cakescakescakes Wed 17-May-17 15:49:08

It's just fixed as a straight line unfortunately. Sorry, that would be no use to you then if you needed to do curves etc. I have it around corners and you just need to trim it to fit the straight line leading into each corner. But it isnt flexible itself.

WellTidy Wed 17-May-17 18:26:45

No problem cakes. I do prefer the one you linked to and I think it would be sturdier, but I have some curved corners so I need a more flexible option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now