Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where's your garden furniture from?

(25 Posts)
UncomfortableBadger Tue 16-May-17 21:41:23

So the landscapers are due to start work later this week - am stupidly excited grin

It's our first proper garden & we've been kindly gifted a solid teak 6 seater table for the garden but alas we have no chairs!

Just can't find anything I like from the usual suspects - please inspire me with your lovely garden sets smile

MGwynzy Tue 16-May-17 21:48:38

We bought ours from Tom Chambers Garden Furniture. We are really happy with it.

Palomb Tue 16-May-17 22:02:56

Wilkos! Cheap and really nice quality.

BobbinThreadbare123 Tue 16-May-17 22:08:46

Asda. 4 chairs, table and brolly for sixty quid. It's pretty good and nice and plain.

Highalert Tue 16-May-17 22:10:08

B and M

GingerKitCat Tue 16-May-17 23:14:42

Ikea Applaro or Wilko (surprisingly good as pp suggested). Do you have loads of space? If not I'd go for folding ones that can be tucked away when not in use.

Don't forget cushions!

Tortycat Tue 16-May-17 23:16:09

Asda - wooden, stack for storage and very good value!

highinthesky Tue 16-May-17 23:30:03

You could do worse than Freecycle.

I've noticed quite a few offers of garden furniture posted locally, generally requiring a little bt of upcycling so you're bound to end up wiith something no-one else has! Otherwise, why not look at Gumtree?

My personal choice as I am not fond of Wilko, Argos, Ikea et al.

GingerKitCat Tue 16-May-17 23:49:39

My wooden chairs came from ebay locally grin

They were £5 for four and they even threw in some brand new cushions and teak oil - bargain!!

My table was from the Ikea Applaro range as I wanted one that folded a particular way. The chairs (brand unknown) match fine, you can't tell smile

I keep one of those green garden furniture covers over the table to stop it fading and needing re-oiling as much. The chairs fold up and live in the shed when not in use/ over winter. So far the chairs have only required one oiling (when I received them 2yrs ago) and I haven't had to treat the table at all.

CatThiefKeith Tue 16-May-17 23:56:07

Freecycle. They go nicely with the second hand she'd and rabbit hutch! grin

BadToTheBone Tue 16-May-17 23:58:42

eBay, a local small business, I kept getting outbid so contacted him directly and offered what I could afford and he agreed to deliver and collect cash on delivery, after I'd inspected it. Fabulous quality.

TheBitterBoy Wed 17-May-17 00:17:06

We have a Hartman set from gardenfurnitureworld.co.uk, they do some good deals.

UncomfortableBadger Sun 21-May-17 15:34:39

Thanks so much all - lots of new places to look through which is super helpful.

I haven't seen anything that I like at Argos, Wilko, B&M etc so will carry on hunting via your suggestions smile

In all honesty, I guess I'm a bit stuck because I didn't plan on buying a huge 6+ seater dark stained teak table - it was kindly gifted to us so I need to rethink how I want the garden to look. I'm erring towards wooden chairs rather than rattan or plastic.

AstrantiaMajor Sun 21-May-17 16:14:09

Playing Devils Advocate here, but, do you actually want the table? Trying to design around something you had not intended for your garden might skew your thinking.

UncomfortableBadger Sun 21-May-17 18:33:30

AstrantiaMajor You're quite right - it's probably silly to change our garden design to fit round a table but DP is insistent that we keep it as it was an unexpected gift from his father & he doesn't want to offend him.

Oh dear, it makes me sound so ungrateful sad

mailfuckoff Sun 21-May-17 18:37:46

I got some from the local scout sale Nd some from mum and dad so not that useful! Can you get some director style chairs with bright coloured cloth bits? It would fit in but brighten up the table?

AstrantiaMajor Sun 21-May-17 19:39:48

I don't think it does make you ungrateful. It is hard to turn down a gift but now you are looking for chairs that are never going to match. You will be looking at for ever thinking if only we did not have the bloody table. And if only the chairs matched.

We had a gift for our new garden too from someone we are fond of. It does not match, it is something I never would have bought for myself and it has twee bloody words on it. I have turned it round so that the words are hidden, shoved it In corner and had to spend money on trailing plants to disguise it. It is nowhere near as big as a table, It was that that prompted me to post because in hindsight I should have explained that it was not really my taste.

takesnoprisoners Sun 21-May-17 19:42:39

Costco! It is gawjus and was cheaper than anything on the High Street (except the cheap stuff from Argos)

UncomfortableBadger Sun 21-May-17 20:01:32

Thank you AstrantiaMajor - you've summed it up perfectly & made me feel like less of an arse smile

Now sneakily looking at paint to try and cover the colour, whilst still making use of the table

SasherinSuite Sun 21-May-17 20:15:38

This is where we got ours

Jaimx86 Sun 21-May-17 20:22:03

Maisons du Monde

clarabellski Mon 22-May-17 09:54:19

We have ikea falster:

www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/tables/outdoor-tables/falster-table2-chairs-bench-outdoor-grey-spr-19898451/

table, 2 benches and recliners for the short ends. The legs come off easier with spanner for winter storage. I love the finish. Its a weird plastic 'wood'. Wipes clean and feels nice to touch.

DoItTooJulia Mon 22-May-17 09:56:28

We got one set of chairs from Aldi-they've been fab! Bought the cushions for them too. We've also been given some heavy wooden ones that I'm going to paint up. But they need sanding first and I cba!

whiteley Tue 01-Aug-17 19:12:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Titsywoo Tue 01-Aug-17 19:16:57

Ha I was about to post that link whiteley! That's where we got our furniture and we got a great deal. Showroom in Essex is huge with lots of choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now