Talk

Advanced search

What is ailing my amalanchier?

(11 Posts)
veneeroftheweek Tue 16-May-17 20:21:59

My lovely amalanchier has got brown crispy leaves in parts. What is wrong with it? Leaf blight maybe? Any ideas please?

MGwynzy Wed 17-May-17 08:51:33

Did you have a heavy frost recently. I think leaf blight is a more patchy.

veneeroftheweek Thu 18-May-17 22:05:40

No, we're down south so although we did have a cold snap a short while ago we didn't get a frost as far as I know.

I did repot it just as the leaves were coming g out, so a bit later than I should. Could it be the shock of that do you think? Or maybe just be the dry weather we've had?

AstrantiaMajor Fri 19-May-17 07:49:31

Hard to say, but they so like quite a moist soil. I don't think reporting it would have done any harm. The rest seems healthy, is that berries on it.

veneeroftheweek Fri 19-May-17 18:53:05

Yes, the berries are coming on nicely. The birds love them!

didireallysaythat Fri 19-May-17 21:02:35

Ours got caught in that last frost. Along with the potatoes, the hydrangea, the bean tree and the Virginia creeper. I'm hoping the rain will make up for it...

veneeroftheweek Fri 19-May-17 21:44:20

Hmm. Maybe it was frost. Looking at it, the brown parts are on the outer extremities so it could be.

veneeroftheweek Fri 19-May-17 21:50:57

Whereabouts are you didireallysaythat? That's a lot of plants! How annoying

didireallysaythat Fri 19-May-17 22:13:17

About ten miles from Cambridge so cold winds...

AstrantiaMajor Sat 20-May-17 07:53:25

Monty Don last night said he was his garden was hit by frost. He said to do nothing about it, just let the leaves fall and the plants will regenerate.

veneeroftheweek Sat 20-May-17 09:22:14

I saw that. Thank you. That's reassuring. Will keep an eye though in case it's something else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now