Talk

Advanced search

re potting disaster

(6 Posts)
sunnyhills Mon 15-May-17 09:14:54

I've had an artemisia limelight in a large pot overwinter and it seemed to be going great guns . But such great guns that I thought I should re pot it .
But now it looks awful . I've googled extensively and I'm sure I've overwatered it in the last few weeks prior to re potting and also that it's too wet now .The roots weren't very big considering the growth .

Anyway ,now I'm thinking I should take it out and change the soil ,adding grit to improve drainage .But would re potting again finish it off do you think ?

And of course it's raining now .

It's next to a fence out of direct sun .Might be a bit draughty .

Anyone advise ? I hate it when I kill plants .

sunnyhills Mon 15-May-17 09:15:47

I repotted 2 days ago .

JT05 Mon 15-May-17 10:56:42

I did the same thing a couple of years ago. I had to let it dry out, then it began to put on some new growth, which eventually flowered. Re potting seemed to really set the plant back.

sunnyhills Mon 15-May-17 14:33:51

Ah ,well I'm not alone then.

Do you think there's anything I can do to help it ?Anything I could do to dry the soil out ? That wouldn't upset it more ?

yamadori Mon 15-May-17 14:52:30

Bring it indoors and sit the pot on a thickly-folded mat of kitchen paper or a tea towel. That will draw out the excess moisture pretty quickly smile

sunnyhills Mon 15-May-17 15:40:24

Ok ,thank you ,that's a thought . It's a bit big and heavy to move far but maybe I could stick a towel under it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now