Talk

Advanced search

10 stone planters standing in a row...

(7 Posts)
daffodilbrain Sun 14-May-17 20:57:36

And they are blinking heavy! My elderly neighbour kindly gave me them as he can no longer manage them. I'm lazy when it comes to watering pots however, is like to make an effort for his sake what can I put in them now? - really is like colour for all summer

Intransige Sun 14-May-17 21:01:19

I had begonias in a tub for a while, they didn't seem to mind a bit of neglect. You could also do something with coloured foliage, like phormiums or heucheras? How big are the pots?

daffodilbrain Sun 14-May-17 21:07:54

They are about 40cm. Grey concrete but pretty design on the outside, on a pedistal

Acornantics Sun 14-May-17 21:50:23

How about lavender and some trailing ivy? There are some tiny, delicate, variegated ivy plants that are low maintenance and won't take over too much.

Hebes maybe? And hosters could be nice as long as the tubs are slug proof.

ElleDubloo Mon 15-May-17 20:24:41

Are the 10 planters identical? If so, they could look stunning lining a path or the front of your house, all planted with an identical shrub. Maybe box?

sunnyhills Tue 16-May-17 09:48:56

Ooh Elle I'm normally prefer a more lax /messy style but that looks lovely .

And Acorn thank you so much for saying that about ivy .I had no idea there were so many varities of ivy - quick google has inspired me
www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/howtogrow/6816486/How-to-grow-best-ivies-for-the-garden.html

Acornantics Wed 17-May-17 20:20:03

Yay sunny, you're welcome! I fight like mad with big angry marauding ivy in most of the garden, but the little delicate ones I love!

What did you go for in the end?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now