Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to do with these containers? (PIC)

(7 Posts)
LapdanceShoeshine Sat 13-May-17 18:47:12

I bought these second hand earlier this year - they're made of pale yellow stone (or "stone", probably reconstituted?)

Some fool has previously painted them with what looks horribly like concrete floor paint, now somewhat battered.

If I give them a good scrub I assume I could repaint? What colour though? Try to get back to the yellowish stone colour? & what sort of paint?

TIA flowers

Liara Sat 13-May-17 19:29:38

I would try to strip them I think. If that proves impossible then you could paint them, but I doubt any paint would hold terribly well in the long term.

LapdanceShoeshine Sat 13-May-17 20:11:18

Thanks, Liara smile

What should I use to try to strip?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sat 13-May-17 20:13:34

There is (or used to be) a paint stripper called Nitromors (sp?) Might be an idea, or some B & Q equivalent.

Liara Sat 13-May-17 20:15:19

Yes, paint stripper or a heat gun would probably work, specially if the old paint isn't holding too well.

If using stripper, do a test patch on the inside first, as it might affect the stone.

Deux Sat 13-May-17 20:22:58

have a look on the Rustoleum website as I think they do a spray paint that is suitable for stone. If you can't get them stripped back then I'd lightly sand then paint.

id probably go for a muted sage green or dark grey.

LapdanceShoeshine Mon 15-May-17 14:03:08

Thanks, all smile

I'll try nitromors, that's a good idea. If it doesn't take it all off then I'll go with sanding.

(DH says he likes the way they look. Men!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now