Talk

Advanced search

How to stop birds pooping all over the trampoline

(18 Posts)
Yeeyeelovesraaraa Wed 10-May-17 15:47:09

Birds are perching on the top rail of our trampoline enclosure & pooping all over it. Its all down the sides of the net & on the mat too - am fed up of having to clean it off before the kids can play. Does anyone know of any way to stop them?! Tia

sunnyhills Wed 10-May-17 16:30:16

my two ideas are tie ballons or,if possible, wrap bubble wrap round the rail as I think birds prefer something solid and smooth to sit on .

GingerKitCat Wed 10-May-17 19:36:59

You can get plastic bird spikes that can be applied with adhesive, would they do the trick?

sizeofalentil Thu 11-May-17 13:02:20

Teach the cat to trampoline? A bit like the John Lewis advert.

Or failing that, how about a decoy owl, or one of the kites that looks like a buzzard designed to scare birds away tied to the top?

GingerKitCat Thu 11-May-17 13:58:07

I read that as one of the kids who look like a buzzard grin

NetballHoop Thu 11-May-17 14:01:14

Hang up some washing near the trampoline. The birds in my garden always aim for that.

Wh0Kn0wsWhereTheTimeGoes Thu 11-May-17 14:13:47

Get a cat.

scalliondays Thu 11-May-17 14:18:23

Anti - aircraft gun? Watching with interest as heading towards getting a trampoline.

tdm1 Thu 11-May-17 16:15:26

We had a trampoline underneath an enormous tree which housed hordes of birds, so we ended up tying a tarpaulin over the trampoline which was very popular as it became a den as well. Obv only works if kids are small enough.

NotAPuffin Thu 11-May-17 16:20:04

Don't bother with a cat, birds come to our garden specifically to sit just out of reach and taunt our cats.

catlover1987 Thu 11-May-17 16:43:11

I put some plastic toy snakes in my garden to keep the birds away as they were eating my grass seeds. Seems to have worked!

ShangriLaLaLa Thu 11-May-17 16:48:18

We have one of these

jumpforfun.co.uk/product/trampoline-play-roofs/

Always have a clean trampoline and they bounce in all weathers. We wouldn't be without it!

Yeeyeelovesraaraa Wed 17-May-17 16:52:45

Whoknows we have cats living all around us, they are always in our garden so don't think that'll stop it!

ShangriLaLa that is a fabulous idea. Unfortunately we have a plum magnitude which they don't fit. But will def research if plum do something similar.

That or resort to snakes/anti bird strip!

Yeeyeelovesraaraa Wed 17-May-17 16:52:57

Thankyou everyone!

MaroonPencil Wed 17-May-17 16:56:45

I have this problem too since DH moved our trampoline under the trees at the back of the garden. He says - and I can see his point - that he is fed up of constantly moving it all around the garden so it doesn't kill the grass. But it is now so covered with bird shit that the kids won't go on it and nor should they. I have cleaned it two or three times but it just gets covered again. DH's contribution was to put a an old sheet over the trampoline but it has got rucked up precisely where the birds do their stuff so half is now covered by a clean sheet and half with bird mess.

Wh0Kn0wsWhereTheTimeGoes Wed 17-May-17 17:25:41

Getting cats really did work for us, we used to have a terrible problem with pigeon poo, now they don't come anywhere near, but it is drastic. We have bark chippings under our trampoline, not grass.

MaroonPencil Wed 17-May-17 23:14:04

We don't have cats but all our neighbours do so there is almost always one hanging around (and their poo is another story!). It doesn't seem to deter the poo-y pigeons.

SeratoninIsMyFriend Sat 20-May-17 22:26:28

The bird spikes do work well, we attached them using cable ties. I'm sure they came from amazon or somewhere easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now