Talk

Advanced search

Puppy proofing a garden

(2 Posts)
WhatToDo99 Sun 23-Apr-17 18:39:44

We're going to be welcoming a puppy into our family in a few weeks, and I need to get out garden puppy proof.

The garden is on a slope so there are gaps under a few of the concrete bases of the fence panels. Our shed is in bad shape and has a gap underneath, and our side gate is a sort of sew-through wrought iron one.

I'm gong to fill in the gaps with chicken wire, and with bricks where the chicken wire won't attach. Will this be enough or should I get someone in to puppy-proof it more seriously.

We're getting a small breed and I'm worried about her squeezing through small gaps.

Thanks!

Thewolfsjustapuppy Sun 23-Apr-17 19:42:24

I proofed with chicken wire - I did dig the bottom in in places and double it up when it seemed a bit low. Turns out that I needn't have bothered as pup is not very inclined to try to leave grin but she is a terrier and does like to dig so I worry that she could accidentally dig herself out and then go for a jolly round the neighbourhood.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now