Talk

Advanced search

Lawn Seed & Reed Garden Sceenings!!

(4 Posts)
youvegottobekidding Tue 18-Apr-17 17:00:55

I need recommendations for both lawn seeds & those 'Reed' garden screenings that you can 'staple' to a fence, helps to tidy/cover a tired looking fence.

There's lots of different lawn seeds out there so I'm going on recommendations - we're not wanting to do a full garden, just patches really.

My sister has some of the reed screening in her garden, what she got from wickes, however when my husband was helping bil fix it to the fence, he reckons it wasn't great quality & was breaking apart! We've seen some in Costco, has anyone had it from there before?

Berrybakecake1 Wed 19-Apr-17 11:20:38

Don't know about the reeding although the one in Costco looks nice.
As for grass seed we redid our very tiny patch of grass last summer and Which? said asda''s own was the best. It has different grass seeds in it for good coverage (I'm not a grass expert) but it''s worked great.

GingerKitCat Wed 19-Apr-17 12:17:48

I've used Home Bargains reed screening which did the job but then again I only needed it until my evergreen climbers got going to fill the space. It should last pretty well attached to a fence to protect it from the worst of the elements. It comes in 1.5m height, not quite enough to cover a 6ft fence. I solved this by attaching it from the top and planting shrubs/ climbers to conceal the base. Also prevents it touching the ground/ soil and rotting.

here

I buy grass seed from Wilko. They sell two types (premium/ rough) in big barrels and you scoop and weigh it yourself.

JT05 Wed 19-Apr-17 15:48:51

DH bought split bamboo screening from poundstreatcher. It was about £12 for a roll 6ft x enough to make a frame to hide 3 wheely bins.
Strong stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now