How to get (pooing) pigeon out of tall tree?

(13 Posts)
walkingtheplank Mon 17-Apr-17 22:38:44

We have a tall Eucalyptus tree overhanging our lawn. A pigeon has taken up residence this Spring and is pooing on our lawn. Its a narrow lawn and the poo is landing right in the middle of it. To be honest it must be more than one pigeon because the quantity each morning is substantial (over a foot in diameter confused) How do we get the pigeon out of the tree? Its high up so we cant reach it ourselves. We're having to clean the lawn every day and the children cant play on it. DH is talking about having the tree cut down sad

walkingtheplank Mon 17-Apr-17 22:40:41

On my tablet my emoticons have turned into gin bottles. Neither me nor the pigeon are drunk!

HirplesWithHaggis Mon 17-Apr-17 22:41:22

Round my way, it would be a man with a gun, but we're rural.

flapjackfairy Mon 17-Apr-17 22:41:26

Shotgun?
I jest of course! Dont know what you can do tbh, we had same with our eaves in the house and put bird proof strips to stop them landing but dont see how you can tackle it in a tree?

HirplesWithHaggis Mon 17-Apr-17 22:42:48

Or local pest control, perhaps?

SoupDragon Mon 17-Apr-17 22:42:56

Some kind of raptor.

Bird of prey, not a velociraptor.

justdontevenfuckingstart Mon 17-Apr-17 22:44:31

Shooting it. Our pigeons are very territorial.

BillyButtfuck Mon 17-Apr-17 22:45:09

Soup I spat out my tea at velociraptor grin!
What about a super soaker?

HLBug Mon 17-Apr-17 22:45:50

Is there a nest? If so I think you might be outside the window of doing anything? I don't think you can disturb a nesting bird after February?

JamesDelaneysHat Mon 17-Apr-17 22:45:56

How bizarre, I've got a shitting pigeon in an overhanging eucalyptus tree in my garden. Onto patio in my case. I will watch with interest. If I had my way, the stupid tree would be gone, as it also drops those little seeds and leaves all bloody year into my garden (it's a neighbours tree) and it's humungous. The pigeon is actually relatively inoffensive!

justdontevenfuckingstart Mon 17-Apr-17 22:48:57

If it's overhanging then chop it back James Then wait for the police to arrive because your neighbour is a nightmare!
Worked for us.

walkingtheplank Tue 18-Apr-17 14:18:29

Shoot it? I live in the London suburbs! I was thinking of a super soaker but I think the pigeons are there in the dark. I spent yesterday evening flashing a laser pen in the tree and today I've had an owl audio playing on my phone.

akkakk Tue 18-Apr-17 14:47:28

shotgun is obvious...
it is also possible (if you are a good aim) to take out a pigeon with an air rifle (better in London suburbs) or even a catapult...

or pootle over to: www.pigeoncontrolresourcecentre.org/ and have a browse...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now