Talk

Advanced search

Help! Total gardener beginner in need of some ideas!

(2 Posts)
Nonky Sat 15-Apr-17 16:22:57

Hello
We have recently had to dig out quite a few bushes in our garden and replace the old fence that led out onto a pavement. We are starting cat fostering with cats protection and the back corner of our garden will be used for this. But now everything looks a bit sorry for it's self!

What would be the best thing (on a budget!) to use up against the fence to try and cover it? I would love the garden to be a tranquil place to be as as well as there being enough room for the kids to kick a ball about. I am a total garden beginner I am afraid. At the moment it is literally a rectangle of grass with a newly (done ourselves recently) gravel patio at the end. Any ideas?

Also, at the front of our house is a border around the gravel car park bit. We have a couple of very small bushes in it at the moment but the bulk of it is empty and just looks awful. What would be the best all year round, minimum work involved plants to put here?

Thank you!

GingerKitCat Sat 15-Apr-17 19:22:54

Sounds an exciting project! Good on you for fostering kitties smile

Do you have a couple of photos you could post? Whereabouts in the country are you roughly? Which direction does your garden face?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now