Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone bought from Brittany Perennials?

(8 Posts)
VermicularCanister Fri 14-Apr-17 16:50:06

I have an empty border to fill, and I found them on the internet (www.brittanyperennials.uk). It looks as though the prices are reasonable for good sized pots, but I can't find many reviews online. Has anyone used them? If so, would you recommend?

JT05 Sat 15-Apr-17 08:00:48

No I've never heard of them. How do they compare, pricewise, with other suppliers.
I am always wary about mail order plants. The only supplier I would recommend is Elizabeth McGregor Nurseries, she is a Chelsea gold medal winner.
I've visited her nursery and know the quality of her plants, all grown by her personally. Have a look at her on line catalogue.

Trethew Sat 15-Apr-17 15:51:50

Never heard of Brittany Perennials, but just looked up Elizabeth McGregor and she has a wonderful list

Growinggirlsmum Thu 20-Apr-17 12:50:35

Yes, I took a punt and ordered from them just before Easter and the delivery arrived today, beautifully packaged and all plants excellent quality. ( Half the price of Crocus who I normally order from)- Move over Crocus! Make way Brittany Perrenials- I'm about to order some more now!!

VermicularCanister Sun 23-Apr-17 08:36:18

Thanks so much for posting, Growinggirlsmum, that is exactly what I wanted to hear!

As no-one came on to say they were to be avoided at all costs, I also took a chance and placed an order, and they are due next week.

I thought it was worth a chance as they seem to have a really good range, so I could get many of the specific things I was after in a single order instead of shopping around and paying multiple shipping costs. And yes, a whole lot cheaper than Crocus! Anyway I will update when the delivery arrives.

BarchesterFlowers Sun 23-Apr-17 08:41:51

I buy loads online, mainly from J Parkers and Thompson and Morgan. Parkers big plug plants are massive. I have never been disappointed.

I spent yesterday potting up 60 lavender plug plants.

VermicularCanister Sun 23-Apr-17 09:48:37

That's good to know, Barchester, as I also have a small order placed with J Parkers. I've never ordered from them before either.

What size of plug plants have you had? I have ordered some in 5cm modules and 7cm pots. I decided against buying a load of 3cm plug plants, although it was tempting in terms of cost per plant, as I thought they might just take more care and attention than I can lavish on them at the moment.

BarchesterFlowers Sun 23-Apr-17 10:24:24

5cm plugs, 2 weeks on they are all thriving are 4-5 inches high. I have never had a bad batch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now