Talk

Advanced search

Seedlings in the garden - friend or foe

(4 Posts)
Enb76 Wed 12-Apr-17 11:11:04

Is there a website that shows weeds from when they're just seedlings? I have a couple of seedlings in my garden which I'm not sure whether they'll turn into something glorious or whether by the time I come back from holiday they will have turn into something horrific.

I recognise the easy ones, nettles and lamiums, greater celandine, rosebay willow herb, ragged robin, violets, meadow and creeping buttercup etc... (also, crabapple and cotoneaster seedlings of which I have many).

The one I'm particularly interested in has a mottled apple green leaf, currently just two leaves at the moment. The leaf reminds me of white briony in colouring but not in shape and they're not hairy. If it is white briony then I have an infestation of the buggers and will take them all out as it's definitely something I don't want in the garden.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Wed 12-Apr-17 11:13:50

I have found this one helpful.

sunnyhills Wed 12-Apr-17 20:56:56

That's a brilliant site Countess thank you .

Enb76 Thu 13-Apr-17 10:23:32

I have found that site before and found it not only useful but fascinating.

I've decided that they are briony and have hoed them all out just in case. I dug out a 18" briony tap root the other week, I don't want more of those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now