Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best patio tiles?

(4 Posts)
Disabrie22 Tue 11-Apr-17 22:53:23

Anybody recently paved their patio? On the hunt for great tiles but not sure what kind to go for? Porcelina? Sandstone? Any help would be greatly appreciated

AstrantiaMajor Wed 12-Apr-17 07:44:23

I suggest looking at the Marshalls Catalogue. They have a great explanation about suitability of tiles for certain areas. They have a big range. I would also visit places like the London Tile Company which set out the tiles and are really helpful.

We were looking for easy maintenance and were going to choose Indian Sandstone. We were advised against it for our situation and when we say it in situ we could see the problems. This is what we chose. It is excellent, easy to maintain and non-slip.

Bluntness100 Wed 12-Apr-17 07:50:34

It depends on style of house and what you are going for. We used the autumn gold Indians sandstone as I hate grey patios and prefer natural stone. What kind of house is it?

shovetheholly Wed 12-Apr-17 08:02:08

Yeah, there are so many options now, it honestly depends what look you want and what your budget is!

Porcelanosa do a large range of tiles where you can get outdoor/indoor versions, so that you can run what looks like the same flooring from your interior into your garden. (In fact, the finish is subtly different on each).

Alternatively, there are various kinds of natural stone you can use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now