Talk

Advanced search

Are these weeds?

(6 Posts)
MiniMum97 Sun 09-Apr-17 17:36:45

Please can someone tell me whether these are weeds or not and identify if poss?
Thank you!smile

Madbengalmum Sun 09-Apr-17 17:41:11

Yes, both are the second being very invasive with lots of root outputs.i think the second is campanula.

incogKNEEto Sun 09-Apr-17 17:41:45

The second picture looks like strawberries, not sure what the first picture is though, could it be honeysuckle?

Madbengalmum Sun 09-Apr-17 17:43:53

Definately not straws or honeysuckle. If they were i would have inherited and beautiful and bountiful garden, not one that had to be weed killered and turned over.

MiniMum97 Sun 09-Apr-17 18:59:38

I don't think second one is strawberries. The first one could be honeysuckle as it's appeared right next to where we had a very large honeysuckle which had to come down after a storm blew the pergola over 😢 it does seem to be trying to wind itself around other plants. But it is growing really vigorously. I don't remember my honeysuckle being quite voracious!!

Campunala seems to be a plant you can buy????

occasionalposter Tue 11-Apr-17 22:17:43

The second one is creeping cinquefoil - it is definitely a weed. Get rid as soon as possible at all costs or it will sneak around taking over bits of your garden and lawn when you aren't looking. It is very difficult to remove from beds and borders unless you can dig it up; it has great long taproots which need to be removed completely to get rid of it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now