Talk

Advanced search

Help please, just moved into a rented house but has a drab gravel back garden- ideas please

(3 Posts)
Thistle72 Tue 04-Apr-17 22:35:45

Just moved 5 days ago into a nice rented bungalow. My 2 teenagers also live with me, the garden is quite nice it has patio doors leading onto a paved area but then a grey drab gravel patch. It's quite big so I was hoping some of you would help me think of a way to create another outside space for summer. Obviously it's rented so can't make too many changes. I would like a nicer view outside my kitchen window.

JT05 Wed 05-Apr-17 08:01:50

Pots that you can move if you do. Creating cheap raised planters on top of the gravel to make bigger beds, out of recycled material if possible.
In the pots, I'd plant some structural plants first, such as bamboo, small firs, fatsia and climbers. Then I'd fill in with seasonal flowering plants.
Pinintrest will give you loads of examples.

Hurleygirl123 Wed 05-Apr-17 08:09:22

Yes, I'd go for containers planted with tall 'screen' type of plants to create different areas in garden.. Use trellis for climbers too..One blank space is so open and uninteresting.. U cld have a sitting area, lower beds for veg/ herbs..a blank canvas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now