Talk

Advanced search

garden buildings direct - shed nightmare

(5 Posts)
ratherjack Mon 03-Apr-17 19:25:53

Hi, I have no idea if this is in the right place but it seemed to trivial to go in legal with all the more serious stuff.
Bought a shed from garden buildings direct back in February. I was ridiculously excited about this as current shed shit and am hoping to finally get my garden working well this year.
It eventually came (late) after several missed delivery dates - which we had wasted annual leave on angry (you have to get the shed up quick to meet the terms of the warranty and I can't get short notice annual leave). This was bad enough as it was impossible to get a straight answer out of the company and simply got standard cut n paste replies that bore little relation to our individual situation. They just kept saying that they were sorry but there was nothing they could do and that it would arrive very soon.
Now it turns out that they haven't given us the hinges or catches for the windows and doors. Still can't get any sense out of them - they really don't seem to care less! If I use other hinges etc. will the warranty still be okay? Currently I have a very draughty unsecured shed, I have shelled out loads and wasted so much time on this. I would love to take the bloody thing down and send it back to them but can't see how I am going to be able to do that.
Do I have any consumer rights with this at all or am I completely buggered?

MilesHuntsWig Mon 03-Apr-17 19:32:02

Eurgh, I had a problem with them a few years ago. Eventually it got to the point where I had to threaten to call the police to report a theft because they couldn't figure out if their delivery driver had collected something from us.

Long story short, I tweeted their CEO (of Kybotech) about it and got calls from several directors to apologise and a free shed.

ratherjack Tue 04-Apr-17 07:31:06

Thank you, I will try and tweet them x

ratherjack Tue 04-Apr-17 14:03:34

Finally got some sort of response. They are sending us the missing parts and applying a 5% discount (that was put out during the time our order was open anyway). They gave my husband some tale about opening a new saw mill and wanting to improve processes but a quick google has shown me that these guys are complete cowboys. Check out the reviews!
www.reviewcentre.com/reviews249803.html

MilesHuntsWig Tue 04-Apr-17 21:46:59

They're awful, tweet away anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now