Talk

Advanced search

Do these look like Peonies to you?

(14 Posts)
MrsJackRackam Sat 01-Apr-17 19:17:56

Found these seedlings in my garden. I've re potted them, do you think they're peonies? Hoping 🤞smile

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sat 01-Apr-17 19:19:12

Where are they? smile

MrsJackRackam Sat 01-Apr-17 19:20:34

Oh shite

P1nkP0ppy Sat 01-Apr-17 19:23:14

I think they probably are, how lovely! I've never seen peony seedlings in my garden sadly.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sat 01-Apr-17 19:24:52

I think so. Not a weed anyhoo, so all good. smile

CurlyhairedAssassin Sat 01-Apr-17 19:25:55

Look exactly like the ones I have in my garden, yes. Mine are lovely pale pink ones. Beautiful. For a short time, till there's a strong wind or a heavy shower!!

MrsJackRackam Sat 01-Apr-17 19:25:58

Happy day! I also found a toad, I'm keeping the roses but you're welcome to him!! I'm in a town centre tenement btw so both finds a bit odd shockgrin

firsttimekat Sat 01-Apr-17 19:26:57

Was there a big root? My peony is coming up at the moment and does look a bit like that. I remember from when we moved it that the root was bigger than my hand and fairly deep.

Honeyandfizz Sat 01-Apr-17 19:28:32

Ooooh this gives me hope. I planted lots of new flowers last spring including peonies which didn't do very well. I have similar looking shoots in my garden now so hopefully they're coming back. Just a pity I'm moving house soon!

P1nkP0ppy Sat 01-Apr-17 19:32:10

Take them with you when you move Honeyandfizz; despite being told they dislike being disturbed I have moved mine several times- just remember to plant very shallowly, barely under the soil.

MrsJackRackam Sat 01-Apr-17 19:35:31

Yeah first, I was really surprised at the size of the root compared to the seedling!
I'll nurture them for a while and hopefully get them into some pots. Delighted!

firsttimekat Sat 01-Apr-17 19:38:53

Brilliant. I've heard they don't like being moved, mine didn't do great last year after we moved it so hoping for better this year.

Honeyandfizz Sat 01-Apr-17 19:48:52

P1nk Thank you I didn't realise that. I also planted 4 David Austin rose bushes and want to move those too just hoping they'll survive!

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Sat 01-Apr-17 21:09:30

A neighbour has some peonies and they're currently looking like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now