Talk

Advanced search

What have they done to my tree?

(5 Posts)
noarguments Sat 18-Mar-17 12:21:53

Had a tree man round a few weeks ago to give us a quote for taming a couple of trees - he seemed to know what he was talking about, and I really didn't ask enough questions. He did the work last week, and we now have two trees that to my mind have been butchered to the main trunk plus a foot or two of branches with no buds or anything. It looks really awful and I feel really guilty!! - please reassure me it will come back and there will be some greenery this time next year - I'm missing its glorious show of blossom. TIA

sunnyhills Sat 18-Mar-17 15:48:10

What sort of tree are they ?

I know that some trees ,like limes ,are very brutally pollarded and look awful until they come into leaf .

www.google.co.uk/search?q=pollarded+lime&rlz=1C1WPZA_enGB720GB721&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjgjbyWs-DSAhWIF8AKHTj1CokQ_AUICCgB&biw=1366&bih=638#tbm=isch&q=pollarded+trees&*

noarguments Sat 18-Mar-17 19:34:56

Think one is a cherry - if I can work out how to do photos, I'll add one tomorrow.

Liara Sat 18-Mar-17 20:04:20

A lot of trees can take really hard pruning and come right back, but they do look a sight until they do.

CheepAndOrm Mon 20-Mar-17 09:30:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now