Talk

Advanced search

Edge for flower bed

(3 Posts)
asknicely Tue 14-Mar-17 11:48:09

I dug out some paving stones in the left and right boundary wall of my back garden during the weekend. I would like to put in something to delineate the grass and flower bed. I have a small budget. Any suggestions? I was wondering would the treated joists you get for under decking be viable? The left side of the garden only gets Sun till11. Can anyone suggest fast growing colourful shade happy plants? Thanks in advance. Apologies for formatting,the android app isn't letting me do paragraphs. p

shovetheholly Tue 14-Mar-17 18:12:05

How large is the area? The thing that looks nicest is Everedge, but that could get expensive for a huge garden. However, it might not compare too unfavourably to wood, and would give a much neater look.

Shade plants - check out my thread here smile I keep meaning to add some of my new aquisitions!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/gardening/2441728-Shady-characters-a-permanent-home-for-shade-garden-suggestions

In particular, I'd get some structure in there first with evergreen shrubs!

asknicely Fri 17-Mar-17 09:17:22

Thank you so much. I have gotten lots of ideas there.

There is another thread with a novice gardener with a shady garden that I'm lapping up 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now