Talk

Advanced search

corydalis intermedia/fumewort

(6 Posts)
sunnyhills Thu 09-Mar-17 17:24:38

This plant has appeared in my shade bed . This plantheritage.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dsc03774.jpg
is the best picture I can find of it to reproduce here .Tho I think mine is the more common intermedia type and has darker pink flowers .

I'm just wondering if it's invasive ? Shall I let it grow unchecked ,or be more careful ?

shovetheholly Fri 10-Mar-17 08:09:48

I have a blue corydalis in my garden which I have deliberately planted! smile I think they are lovely! It grows really well in my city - the yellow form - lutea - in particular, pops up in front gardens all over! So it does spread (via seed I think?) but it's not the worst offender by a long way - and I think it's native. Provided you don't mind removing the seedlings, which is really easy to do, it's quite easy to keep in check.

sunnyhills Fri 10-Mar-17 09:01:47

Thank you Holly - I love the way the leaves unfurl as it breaks through the soil .

shovetheholly Fri 10-Mar-17 12:13:25

Yes, it's got an attractive leaf as well as a good flower! It looks far more delicate than it is!

MrsBertBibby Fri 10-Mar-17 18:46:20

Ooh! I want this one!

www.rhsplants.co.uk//plants/_/corydalis-flexuosa-china-blue/classid.2000020352/

JeNeSuisPasVotreMiel Wed 15-Mar-17 08:11:03

I have corydalis lutea growing like weeds out of the stone walls here (let me know if anyone would like some seeds) but corydalis flexuosa doesn't grow, have spent a few quid finding out the hard way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now