Talk

Advanced search

Lifting daffodils...

(6 Posts)
jojosapphire Thu 09-Mar-17 07:35:15

Well as we got the planning permisson for our extention approved last week and our builder has a slot become available, they start on monday shock!
So i have until then to get everything moved out of the garage and move all of the plants i want to save confused
I have already moved 3 hebe's, but beside the garage is loads of daffodils in the lawn that i would like to lift and put back in for next year. I dont have the option of waiting untill the leaves have dried out, will they be ok if i lift them now? Should i cut my losses and just buy some more? If i do lift them should i leave the leaves on for a few days to dry out?

Thanks jo

shovetheholly Thu 09-Mar-17 08:43:01

I think it's worth a try to salvage them. They might not flower well this year, but hopefully most will survive to reward you next year!!

jojosapphire Thu 09-Mar-17 13:53:38

Thanks shove im going to head out now in this lovely sunshine!

shovetheholly Thu 09-Mar-17 16:42:14

Hope you had a lovely, muddy afternoon! smile

jojosapphire Thu 09-Mar-17 16:59:34

Yes thank you they were way deeper than i expected! And so meny! I have left the leaves on for now so they can have untill sunday to dry out a bit!

shovetheholly Thu 09-Mar-17 17:01:41

Can you replant them straight away? They will do a lot better if they are put straight into soil! (Even in pots/even if you have to move them again).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now