Talk

Advanced search

Artificial grass, who has it and can give me their thoughts?

(8 Posts)
Mrstumbletap Sun 05-Mar-17 18:00:18

We are getting out garden re done (I have another thread in gardening so sorry for hogging) but we are thinking about artificial grass.

Have a space of about 85square metres.

Can it look good if you get the stuff that's £28psm+?

What are the downsides? We don't have pets but have a toddler and think it would be nice for it to always look mowed.

Secondtimesally Sun 05-Mar-17 18:09:47

We did ours about 3 years ago and it's fab. Much smaller garden though (30m2) and not much room for a mower. Our neighbors have bamboo that sheds leaves over the fence so I hoover it every other week in the summer. Brill for kids, just don't spill food on it, and no BBQs

taptonaria27 Sun 05-Mar-17 18:10:45

I know two people who have it and love it. But I don't know how much they paid.

EffieIsATrinket Sun 05-Mar-17 18:12:31

Is there not a link to childhood leukaemias/lymphomas?

Mrstumbletap Sun 05-Mar-17 20:13:36

In artificial grass?????

savouryandsweet Sun 05-Mar-17 20:24:40

I have it. Mine was about £50 per sqm but that was including fitting. I love it. It dries ridiculously quickly, once the rain has stopped it's dry within an hour. It's never muddy. It's doesn't go brown and dead and yucky when you leave a paddling pool/trampoline on it all summer. No mowing. No hay fever. No insects. It's warm to sit on even in spring/autumn. I hoover (with a leaf blower/sucker) and then hose it down it every month cos I have pets, could get away with less often if I didn't. I love it, will never have real grass again!

Mrstumbletap Sun 05-Mar-17 21:52:00

Just looked up the link to lymphoma, that is scary.

Caprianna Sun 05-Mar-17 21:55:24

My neighbours have this and they get a lot of moss growing in it and probably spend more time maintaining it than they would real grass.

I am afraid I find it weird unless there are reasons like allergies. I want bees and insects in my garden and the feel of nature not plastic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now