Talk

Advanced search

It's happening!

(83 Posts)
GinAndOnIt Sat 18-Feb-17 10:21:02

At last!

I posted last summer about our front garden, and the huuuuuge overgrown mass of lots of bushes which is stuck right in the middle. Well, today, our neighbour has moved all the horse fencing, FIL has turned up with the forklift, the bonfire is lit and DP is armed with the chainsaw. Hurray!

I'm posting the 'before' pictures again, in the hope I can follow up with the 'after' pictures this afternoon grin

MrsBertBibby Sat 18-Feb-17 10:47:10

Wow! Those are quite some bushes!

bookbook Sat 18-Feb-17 12:25:06

watching and waiting smile

PurpleWithaMysteryBun Sat 18-Feb-17 12:30:18

Following! Front garden is my next project luckily a teeny thing compared to this! Good luck!

GinAndOnIt Sat 18-Feb-17 13:00:02

It's gone! Now just to finish clearing up and fit some gates in the gap. FIL going to come back with a digger on another day to make sure all roots are gone, but it's made such a difference already!

PurpleWithaMysteryBun Sat 18-Feb-17 13:12:52

An amazing space! I have garden envy. It is going to be beautiful

bookbook Sat 18-Feb-17 13:14:11

Good Lord! Thats going to take some digging of roots smile And what a fabulous amount of space

GinAndOnIt Sat 18-Feb-17 13:21:11

I was out walking with MIL and couldn't believe they'd done it all by the time we got back! Also can't quite believe how much space there is now confused what are we going to do with it grin

It is going to be so nice to just walk up the path without getting caught on a bush!

GinAndOnIt Sat 18-Feb-17 16:54:18

That's it done for now. It's made such a difference to the light in the house too.

bookbook Sat 18-Feb-17 18:07:15

Thats some crater! - Pond /lake ? grin

FurbysMakeSexNoises Sat 18-Feb-17 18:10:36

Wow that's deforestation on a major scale! How thrilling! What's the grand plan?

Weeditandreap Sat 18-Feb-17 18:13:33

Oh, I remember your thread!

That is indeed some crater and would make a wonderful lake smile

GinAndOnIt Sat 18-Feb-17 18:15:18

DP would love a pond, but we have pets and I think I'd be a bag of nerves grin - I won't rule it out though! I'm sure they're not stupid enough to fall in.

Have no idea of the plan if I'm honest. I'd assumed another herbaceous bed like I planted up last Autumn further down the garden, but I hadn't quite realised the width of the area! shock

Ideas on a postcard are most welcome wink

Finola1step Sat 18-Feb-17 18:16:21

Wowsers! Amazing to see what can be achieved in a day.

GinAndOnIt Sat 18-Feb-17 18:16:37

I think we are also going to lose the pine tree, sadly. We'd planned to keep it (I hate trees being cut down believe it or not!!) but it's too big for that area really sad

RueDeDay Sat 18-Feb-17 18:25:42

I have a much smaller garden, but had the overgrown leylandii hedge cut a month ago... It was four feet wide at the back, my garden has doubled in width! So satisfying to see such big changes so quickly, isn't it!!

PurpleWithaMysteryBun Sat 18-Feb-17 18:31:03

How about a seating area? Weed free mat, bark on top, a nice border and table and chairs or lounge set?

GinAndOnIt Sat 18-Feb-17 18:39:07

I've just mentioned a pond to DP and he's said a flat no - I think all the work today has been him off anything requiring more work from him grin

I did wonder about a seating area, but it's the front garden and I'm not sure if it would feel a bit odd to sit out there - we have a seating area on the patio out the back too. Would it be awkward when the postman comes up the path? grin

sunnyhills Sat 18-Feb-17 18:47:34

That's your front garden! shock

GinAndOnIt Sat 18-Feb-17 18:54:37

sunny don't panic, the back is about an eighth of the size grin (and this size soon loses its novelty when you have to lug your food shopping up it wink)

PurpleWithaMysteryBun Sat 18-Feb-17 19:37:04

I think it looks quite secluded? I was weighing it up in terms of being a front garden.. and it just looks like a nice place to sit and have lunch smile

GinAndOnIt Sat 18-Feb-17 19:48:30

It is secluded Purple - I think you might be right that it would be nice to sit out there. It would work quite well at being able to see the comings and goings down on the road too - if I sit out the back, it's easy to forget I can't hear the door or be aware of anyone walking up the garden.

GinAndOnIt Sat 18-Feb-17 19:48:56

And I do do rather a lot of sitting these days grin

sunnyhills Sat 18-Feb-17 20:09:35

Gin I thought maybe the staff dealt with stuff like shopping wink

GinAndOnIt Sun 19-Feb-17 07:26:56

sunny oh no, they are far too busy polishing the silver wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: