Talk

Advanced search

Veggie growing question

(3 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Sun 12-Feb-17 18:39:49

I have a small space in my garden, currently I has a 6ft x 4ft shed on it. We are removing the shed asap the space left will be mine for growing veggies on/in. The soil here isn't great it's full of big rocks and stones and it's quite hard and has quite a lot of clay.
I'm not actually sure what kind of base will be left under the shed it's been here since I was a young teenager and my dad has forgotten.

Now, I was originally thinking of putting a greenhouse in the place of the shed, but that won't leave me any space to a plant out baby plants apart from in pots on the decking/patio, so I was wondering if I could do all the growing in the greenhouse (albeit not much as the space won't be big!) or would I be better off getting one of those little plastic frames with the plastic covers for seedlings and then using the empty shed space for raised beds to plant out in? I was also going to get some fabric vertical planing bags to hang on the fence for strawberries and salad leaves but I'm not sure if these are any good.

I don't want to be adventurous, I just want basic veg/salads to feed my family of 6.

I hope that makes sense.

RedBugMug Sun 12-Feb-17 18:45:39

I'm thinking of raised bed. some planks (from the old shed?) in the bottom and sides and fill it with compost.

good luck!

RedBugMug Sun 12-Feb-17 18:49:00

I'm growing beetroot, leeks, courgette, tomatos (partly in pots), pumpkin (in the flower bed).
strawberries (also in flowerbed)

no luck here with carrots and leaves (slug and snails)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now