Talk

Advanced search

Keeping cats off bare earth areas?

(5 Posts)
evilgiraffe Sat 04-Feb-17 17:36:59

At the front of my house there is a narrow strip of grass between our drive and next door's drive. It is about three feet wide, on a slight slope, has a drain cover in the middle and is a PITA to mow. I am planning on stripping the grass off, adding some new topsoil and sowing a "wildflower meadow" packet of seeds or two.

However, the neighbourhood cats (probably just the one, to be fair) likes to use that space as a toilet, so I'm sure it will be an even worse problem when it's all loose earth. Do you think netting of some sort would keep them off while the plants get going? I'm a bit scared of cats (and wildlife) getting under netting and getting trapped, though.

RedBugMug Sat 04-Feb-17 17:38:30

netting might help. or some chicken wire.

RedBugMug Sat 04-Feb-17 17:39:25

I would put it close to the ground with camping hooks.

evilgiraffe Sun 05-Feb-17 22:30:17

Yes, I think that might be the way forward. I hope my garden centre sells netting, if not I suppose B&Q might do? Not sure my neighbour would be too impressed with chicken wire, although it would probably be more effective...

lizzieoak Sun 05-Feb-17 22:32:04

My neighbour has put down sort of metal grill stuff to cat-proof her garden. Maybe that would help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now