Talk

Advanced search

Chelsea 2017 - press release

(10 Posts)
shovetheholly Fri 13-Jan-17 11:36:32

The RHS today released a list of competitors for this year AND GUESS WHAT? I AM GOING FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!

The headline news for me is: 'Laurie Chetwood and Patrick Collins are teaming up for the third time at RHS Chelsea with The Chengdu Silk Road Garden which combines architecture and planting in a conceptual East-West landscape with a dramatic ‘Silk Road’ bridge linking the different elements of the garden'. Sounds just wonderful.

However, there's no news, sadly, of participation by Grayson Perry, who expressed interest in doing a garden last year!

press.rhs.org.uk/RHS-Shows/Chelsea/Press-releases/RHS-Chelsea-Flower-Show-2017.aspx

bookbook Fri 13-Jan-17 17:17:30

wow envy - which day ?

shovetheholly Sat 14-Jan-17 12:58:32

The Tuesday, prize day!

I am beyond excited about it. A six year old on Christmas Eve has nothing, NOTHING on me!

bookbook Sat 14-Jan-17 13:14:34

oooh - prize day - ! - Have you booked a container lorry for purchases? <innocent look> grin

shovetheholly Sat 14-Jan-17 18:16:22

DH and I have already had the conversation about purchases. I have promised not to buy lots and lots of things, but I definitely was crossing ALL of my fingers and toes at the time. wink

bookbook Sat 14-Jan-17 18:37:21

you just need a budget, a spreadsheet , and creative accounting! grin

Trethew Sun 15-Jan-17 08:42:31

Don't panic about a budget. Unless things have changed, you won't be doing much shopping - just lusting.

Green with envy but can't work out how to do the smiley!

bookbook Sun 15-Jan-17 09:36:42

But I hear there are siren calls of marquees around selling stuff - do they not let you take those away?
Everyone can be tempted with obelisks' and perfect tools/gloves/pots ! Or is that just me? grin

Trethew Sun 15-Jan-17 10:23:04

Hampton Court is really really dangerous for that

shovetheholly Sun 15-Jan-17 12:44:35

I am usually less tempted by the hardware than by the plants. It's deadly. I even have a wheelie trolley thing!

I was tempted to go on the day where they sell off the stuff from the showgardens, but that would honestly have led to bankruptcy...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now