Sorry, me again! Planning flower beds

(2 Posts)
GinAndOnIt Wed 12-Oct-16 17:27:15

I can't find my last thread!

I posted about planting beds - I've planted four roses in a bed of their own, and with the help of you lot (I think mainly you, shove!) I came up with a rough plan of how to use the huge amount of bulbs I had to add to the rose beds.

So, here is the plan. Now, it was pointed out that this would give lovely spring/early summer colour, but not a lot else for the rest of the year.

How do I make this better? Will the beds just be completely bare the rest of the time, or will there at least be greenery? And if not, do I need to plant some things between them, around the edge of them, or what? I really struggle with the whole changing of seasons thing!

Here's a diagram - the centre circle is a rose on each section. I'm going to start digging soon, and presumably will be looking at bare soil for a long while before the bulbs start kicking in. Joy!

GinAndOnIt Wed 12-Oct-16 17:34:31

Part of me does wonder if I should just sod it and plant the whole space up into an entire bed of plants like someone suggested, but I don't think I have the funds to fill it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now