Talk

Advanced search

Sorry, another plant for you to identify

(11 Posts)
GinAndOnIt Mon 22-Aug-16 16:41:09

You're all too good at this!

Any idea what this is? Again, from MIL. I recognised the name when she told me it, but can I remember it? No. I need to plant it but don't know where until I know what it is.

Thank you!

Palomb Mon 22-Aug-16 16:41:47

It's an iris smile

GinAndOnIt Mon 22-Aug-16 16:46:37

Oh lovely! What does it like to be planted with - will it mind being with lavender?

Palomb Mon 22-Aug-16 16:48:36

Needs to be In full sun with the rhizome on the surface. Sure it won't mind the lavender 😉

GinAndOnIt Mon 22-Aug-16 16:53:13

Like how it is now in the pot? Good job you said, I would have buried that right underground otherwise. Sorry, one more question - what sort of height will it grow to? Or will I not know until flower comes and identify it after that?

Palomb Mon 22-Aug-16 17:12:06

Yeah like that smile impossible to say how high it'll be. My iris' are about 18 in he in leaf with 2ft flowers but they're all different. You have to wait and see what you've got.

GinAndOnIt Mon 22-Aug-16 23:43:24

Something to look forward to smile thanks Palomb

gingeroots Tue 23-Aug-16 09:57:49

Just wanted to say that I really enjoy these name a plant threads and always open and learn from them .

I've posted with only a description and no photo and been answered in seconds - thank you nan !

WowOoo Tue 23-Aug-16 10:14:36

Gingerroots and OP - i love these threads too. I learn a lot from them and like to see if I know what it is. I'm not as green fingered or knowledgeable as Palomb, sadly.

Exciting for you to see what colour it will be.

GinAndOnIt Tue 23-Aug-16 15:46:34

I feel a bit of a pest to keep asking, but it's so hard to just google search a description! Glad others find it useful.

Ferguson Fri 26-Aug-16 20:07:28

Irises can be some of the most spectacular flowers:

www.rhs.org.uk/gardens/partner-gardens/articles/doddington-hall-s-top-iris-tips

www.wikihow.com/Grow-Iris

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now