Approximate costs for design and landscape for 25sq metre

(6 Posts)
bookishandblondish Mon 27-Jun-16 22:25:27

I've moved into a house and now have a jungle for a back garden following the rain.

It's a classic Victorian terrace with the narrow side return. Previous owners weren't gardeners and there is no real structure. I definitely need a new fence on two sides. I haven't got a clue - could cope with grass but they've done some stuff - just not well.

I think I want new fence on two sides, clearing, some raised beds and plants.

I'm considering throwing money at it and am trying to work out a budget. Would £5 -£7k be reasonable ( to include plants)?

-

redhat Fri 01-Jul-16 13:20:53

You probably need to get separate quotes. Cost of a fence depends on the type of fence and the length of the fence but it could range significantly from a few hundred to many hundreds. Similarly raised beds, do you want french oak sleepers or pine boards reclaimed from pallets? How big? Plants could range from established trees to a few pansies.

To give you some sort of idea with raised beds, I'm about have an 8ft by 4ft raised bed kit in treated softwood timber delivered and its more than £300 plus delivery (it is a nice one though). That's without the soil and any membrane (mine is going onto tarmac).

traviata Fri 01-Jul-16 18:18:14

Can you wait until autumn?

- landscapers and gardeners are not so busy by then;
- you could just cut everything down or back and see how it goes, see if there's anything you want to keep;
- you can start to get to know the garden, where the sun falls, what's in shade etc, which makes the basis of your decisions about what goes where;
- the soil should be nicely warmed up so ideal for planting.

Midsummer is not an optimal time for planting anyway.

bookishandblondish Sat 02-Jul-16 22:03:50

Thanks - fence will be at cheaper end. May contact some people for initial visits but suspect it will be Autumn before work starts.

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Sun 03-Jul-16 10:56:44

I agree autumn would be a good time for this. One fence is likely to be yours and the other your neighbour's - do you know which is which?

Helennn Sun 03-Jul-16 11:03:24

We had a landscape gardening business and were busy all year round, so don't bank on Autumn being quieter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now