Talk

Advanced search

Hiding in the garden...

(4 Posts)
ClarkL Fri 24-Jun-16 08:18:07

Ok, I'll totally admit it, I am hiding here wanting to look at flowers and pretty things and avoid ALL politics. Want to join me?
Yesterday I popped to the garden centre and bought many many packs of Petunias (reduced to £1 a tray) to fill the gaps where my spring bulbs were.
Any ideas on other bedding plants to fill the gaps? Preferably that need less deadheading than petunias!!

gingeroots Fri 24-Jun-16 09:53:11

How pretty ! I have no experience and I'm going to suggest what I think are basically weeds - forget me nots and lamium .

Or geraniums ? Hardy /cranesbill and non hardy ?

Or ,being more sensible and thinking of the autumn - asters ? Wallflowers for the spring ?

Hope someone intelligent comes along !

ClarkL Fri 24-Jun-16 10:24:22

mmmm I like the look of asters, but I have realised after googling Lamium I have indeed been pulling it up assuming it's a weed!!

RatherBeIndoors Fri 24-Jun-16 12:46:23

Ha, I came to the gardening topic for precisely your reason today! In terms of your question, I love nasturtiums and the added bonus is you can eat them... We've got a lot of summer bulbs planted by previous owners, so crocosmia and lilies and some other pretty things I've never quite put a name to grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now